The PrestaShop modules are small packages that permit you to enhance your shop’s functionality. We’ll examine how to construct a primary module in this blog.
What is PrestaShop?
PrestaShop is an eCommerce software program that is a hundred percent free and open source. This allows proprietors to effortlessly set up their online presence and scale up commercial enterprises on a large scale. PrestaShop comes with default aspects, PrestaShop themes and you can have extra performance for your enterprise needs occasionally. The market for PrestaShop is a remarkable vicinity to discover add-on aspects that can be used to make bigger save functionality. Moreover, you can locate each free and paid module in the marketplace. However, you can create customized modules from scratch as well.
Alright, now that we understand what we are talking about, let’s go over how to use it. After all, that’s probably why you got here to this expert PrestaShop blog in the first place. As mentioned, you want web hosting and an area to install the software. Alternatively, to test-drive PrestaShop, you can additionally set up nearby surroundings and deploy it on your computer.
1. Download and Unpack
The first factor you want to do when placing up an on-line save with PrestaShop is downloading the software. For that, go to the legit download page.
Here, you have to enter your email address, be given the phrases and conditions, and then hit the huge purple button. This will begin the download. Once it’s done, you will have a zip file that you want to unpack.
2. Create a Database
The subsequent issue we want to do is to create a database. Like different software program options such as Joomla, Drupal, and WordPress, a PrestaShop web page consists of two parts: the file gadget and a database. The latter carries all the necessary information like content, text, users, and content material relations. The PrestaShop software program itself homes your pix and the documents wanted to show the content material pulled from the database.
How you create a database will rely on the web hosting provider. Many use an application like PHP MyAdmin.
You are going to want 4 things:
- The database name
- A username for that database with full get right of entry to rights
- The hostname for the place the database is positioned (often it’s localhost)
- The password for that username
3. Upload the Files and Start Installing PrestaShop
Once you have a database, it’s time to add the archives to your server and begin the installation. For that, join to your web hosting issuer by means of FTP, for example, with a customer like FileZilla.
To do so, you want an FTP user, password, and server address. You can discover extra facts about FileZilla in this tutorial. Once connected, locate the downloaded and unzipped archives and begin the upload. When done, you can begin the set up by way of going to the area that is pointing at the server the place you simply uploaded the files.
4. Complete Setup
- This is the commencing of a set up wizard that walks you via the PrestaShop installation.
- Choose your desired language from the drop-down menu and hit the Next button.
- Agree to the license settlement and then hit Next once more to continue.
PrestaShop will run a quick diagnostic to see if your server surroundings are suitable. Fix any warnings you see here. Refresh if quintessential to pass forward.
Input your keep information, that means the store name, class, and the USA and time area you will function in. Set up an admin account through getting into your first and ultimate identify as properly as e mail tackle. Then set up a password – twice – and cross on.
Here, you want to enter your database server address, database name, login, and password. You can additionally pick out a desk prefix and it’s probable a right notion to use something else than the fashionable ps_, e.g. xyz_. Test if the whole lot works as it need to and pass on to the subsequent step.
When you have come this far, you get to the authentic installation. Here, PrestaShop will unpack the files, populate the database, and create something it desires to run.
The ultimate step is to delete the set up folder. You can do that through FTP as before, it is placed in the major PrestaShop directory.
5. Log in and Check Your Shop for the First Time
- On the success screen, you will additionally locate two buttons that will take you to the back-end and front-end of your site. When you click on Discover your save on the proper or enter the area that is pointing to the server the place you simply established PrestaShop, it will get you to the front-end of your brand-new shop.
- As you can see, it already has a layout and some dummy content material that serves as an instance of a completed shop.
- When you go again and click on Manage your store, it will take you to the login page.
- Enter the credentials you created throughout the set up (remember, your e mail tackle is the username) and hit Log in. This receives you to the essential PrestaShop admin dashboard. Close the on boarding popup, we will cowl the subsequent steps together.
- Congratulations, you correctly established PrestaShop!
Get to Know the PrestaShop Dashboard
- When you are completed with the installation, the first factor you will see is the major dashboard.
- The pinnacle bar will seem acquainted to WordPress users. Here’s what it contains:
- A configurable speedy get admission to drop-down menu that lets you get entry to necessary movements and components of your shop
A search discipline to search your whole shop
- The button that says View my save takes you without delay to the front give up of your net store
- A notification button that, when clicked, indicates you the brand new orders, new customers, and messages
- The little trophy icon indicates your achievements in placing up your on-line shop
- Finally, the remaining icon offers you get entry to modifying your profile and beneficial resources
- On the left side, you have get admission to different components of your shop. We will discuss about these in element in addition below.
At Siddhi Infosoft, We have mentioned core principles for building the PrestaShop module in this blog. Further, we have developed simple module that can be used as beginning factor for extra strengthen modules.