Courier delivery is by no means a modern industry. In fact, it’s one of the most traditional ones. People are required to send parcels across geographical regions for a long time. The transformation that this industry received in recent times is largely owing to the repercussions of on-demand services. With the boom of eCommerce and online services, there has been a demand for instant courier services among modern customers. This demand can be met through advanced courier delivery app development. We need to develop mobile apps that consist of advanced features that a courier delivery app must contain.
To provide a successful online courier delivery service, you must be equipped with advanced technical solutions and expertise. Before hiring a mobile app development company to develop an on-demand courier delivery app, you have to learn how to develop one. We provide below a stepwise guide to on-demand courier delivery application development that can help you largely.
Steps for courier delivery app development
It’s not quite an easy road when it comes to developing any on-demand mobile applications, let alone that for courier delivery. You would have to take and implement several sequential decisions in a proper manner to get your head around this task.
1. Pick the correct business model
Let’s get to brass tacks first. The business model you choose goes a long way in determining the success you gain from it. The major business models you can choose from are as follows.
- Package tracking aggregators
- Branded delivery and integrated solutions
- Postal courier service application
- On-demand marketplace
Choosing the kind of business model you want yours to be based upon goes a long way to determine all the aspects of app development. There are several factors that would influence your decision of choosing your business model.
2. Specify your business requirements and goals
Before you even start developing your on-demand app, you must ensure you understand the business goals you have set up for. These include the specifics, demands, and opportunities of the business model you chose. Factor in aspects such as the location of your delivery service and target consumer group, and you have a lot to consider. When you can specify the exact goals of your business, it will help design the scope and functionality of your app.
3. Bring in the correct set of features
Once you get down to developing the app, it’s paramount that you zero in on a set of features your app will flaunt. Start with creating a functional specification for all your requirements. Now, every on-demand courier delivery app will differ in terms of advanced features. Yet, there are a few basic ones that all of these will share. Let us have a look at a few of them.
- Scheduling courier pickup and delivery – The most vital panel on your app must facilitate courier pickup and delivery schedule for the users. Users will choose the best courier delivery option that your service provides at the price you offer.
- Payment gateways – After the order has been settled, users will move on to the payment page. Here they will find multiple options to secure their payment. Include all feasible options for making payments such as credit and debit cards, UPI and wallets, etc.
- Admin chat – A chat service where an admin can chat with both users and the delivery personnel and facilitate communication is necessary. This helps to ensure continuous communication between a user and delivery personnel.
- Real-time tracking – Courier delivery service apps need to incorporate a package tracking feature. It will allow users and admins to track the status of their pickup or delivery. This is a very common feature when it comes to on-demand courier delivery applications.
- Options for packaging – Users can request enhanced packaging through this feature. This is usually for ensuring the safety of fragile materials.
4. Acquire the apt tech stack
Now that you have planned all the features and functionalities you want your app to have, it’s time to start developing it. Courier delivery app development requires the assistance of multiple technologies that aid developers in their work. You have to start off with acquiring the right stack of tech for facilitating efficient development. First, you’ll need to think about cloud computing and storage options. Next, finalize and acquire the DB instances on offer, such as Postgres, MongoDB, etc. When you acquire the correct tech stack for your courier delivery, app development becomes seamless and proficient.
5. Design an attractive UX/UI
The UX/UI of your mobile app will determine if your customers are going to repeat buying from your app or not. Make sure your app interface is simplistic yet functional with all its features tucked away nearby. Do not clutter the Home screen with a lot of buttons but design it effectively neat. The more attractive your app UX/UI is, the more your consumers would want to use your mobile app.
6. Launch the minimum viable product and perform continuous testing
Once your development team completes their task, you need to ensure that you go through proper rounds of testing. It is imperative that an on-demand app that is to be launched in the market goes through testing before it is. Do not make the mistake of launching the application on the first go. It’s better to release the minimum viable product first and get valuable insights from the select users using it. Then you can keep on making continuous integrations to the MVP before it becomes the alpha product. Then, you can launch it into the App Store.
7. Launch and market the product
When you finally launch your courier delivery app to both the Apple Store and Google Play Store, it will be the final product resulting from all the testing and development. Ensure your app gets proper marketing during and after its launch. There are quite a few post-launch activities that you need to perform, and you’ll be set. Furthermore, you will have to make continuous improvements to the app and provide updates that build on them.
Courier delivery app development has reached an all-time high owing to many mobile app development companies thoroughly investing. If you want to engage in the same and build an on-demand courier delivery app for your business, you must learn how to get started. The above step-by-step guide will ensure that you leave no stone unturned when you launch your courier delivery app.